My kitchen can be like a middle school science lab, the experiments can go really well or really terrible...I’m mostly successful though.
This take on stuffed peppers is the product of one of my earlier experiments. I was cooking with a group of young people in DC and they got me hooked on the stuff after one of their competitions. The entire game was changed when I realized that the bright colored bell peppers were sweeter. Now sweet stuffed peppers are one of my favorite quickie go-to’s! I dig this dish because you can pretty much throw whatever you want inside these sweet crisp cups.
Check out the recipe and video for these Parmesan Stuffed Peppers and let me know what goes into your stuffing!
Eat to live. Live to be.
Parmesan Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 4 large sweet bell peppers
- 2 c minute brown rice, cooked
- 2 c mushrooms, chopped
- 4 c spinach
- 1 c parmesan cheese
- 3 T coconut oil, separated
- ¼ c chicken broth or water
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 T oregano
- 2 tsp parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Heat 2 T of coconut oil
- Sauté mushrooms for about 3-5 minutes
- Toss in spinach and remaining coconut oil and let it cook down
- In a separate pan, brown the turkey
- Combine spinach, mushrooms and turkey and the seasonings
- Stir in broth, cooked rice, and parmesan cheese
- Fill peppers with turkey mixture
- Line peppers in baking dish bake for 16-18 minutes, or until tender